Variegated Yarn Resources
- Color blending: http://www.prismyarn.com/episode803.htm
- Planned Pooling/Argyle (crochet, but many concepts apply to knitting): https://youtu.be/fKpdqAk02Dw
- Artful Color, Mindful Knits: The Definitive Guide to Working with Hand-dyed Yarn by Laura Militzer Bryant. View Ravelry Page *
- The Knitter's Guide to Hand-Dyed and Variegated Yarn: Techniques and Projects for Handpainted and Multicolored Yarn by Lorna Miser. View Ravelry Page *
- Knitting Socks With Handpainted Yarn by Carol Sulcoski. View Ravelry Page.
Color knitting books with with some variegated yarn advice:
- The Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques by Margaret Radcliffe (See Chapter 4: Multicolor Yarns). View Ravelry Page. *
- The Knitter's Palette: A Workbook of Color and Texture Techniques and Effects by Kate Haxell. View Ravelry Page. *
Other technique books that are good for variegated yarns (modular, etc.):
- Bargello Knits by Patty Nance. View Ravelry Page.
- Dazzling Knits by Patricia Werner. View Ravelry Page.
- Knit in New Directions: A Journey into Creativity by Myra Wood. View Ravelry Page.
- Knit One Below: One Stitch, Many Fabrics by Elise Duvekot. View Ravelry Page. *
- Knits from a Painter's Palette: Modular Masterpieces in Handpainted Yarns by Maie Landra. View Ravelry Page.
- Modular Knits: New Techniques for Today's Knitters by Iris Schreier. View Ravelry Page.
- Module Magic: Creative Projects to Knit One Block at a Time by Ginger Luters. View Ravelry Page.
- Patchwork Knitting by Horst Schulz. View Ravelry Page.
Other books that I think are probably useful but haven't really looked at:
- How to Buy, Knit and Care for Indie Dyed Yarns: Confidence for Knitters by Sara Millis. View Ravelry Page.
- Indie Socks: Knitting Patterns and Dyer Profiles Featuring Hand-Dyed Yarns by Chrissy Gardiner. View Ravelry Page.
- Knitting With Hand-Dyed Yarns: 20 Stunning Projects by Missy Burns. View Ravelry Page.
- Lavish Lace: Knitting with Hand-Painted Yarns by Carol Rasmussen Noble. View Ravelry Page.
- Quick Crochet Afghans Book 4 Featuring Variegated Yarn by Shala Johnson. View Ravelry Page.
- Wrapped in Color: 30 Shawls to Knit in Koigu Handpainted Yarns by Koigu Wool Designs. View Ravelry Page.
- Yarn Pooling Made Easy: Techniques for Using Variegated Yarn for Planned Patterns (Crochet) by Marly Bird. View Ravelry Page.
* Books I own or have evaluated in person